Friday, January 21, 2011

Tribute to a master

Okay, so again I'm late posting, but for good reason other than trying to find employment, practise.  Plain and simple.

I hated when this subject ( Frank Frazetta ) was chosen as my strong suit isn't the human body, and we all know each wonderful piece he created had a figure in it.  So, to stay true to what he did, the body, I drew and drew until I was happy with the result, and here it is.  This, unlike the other images I said I would repost, will be cleaned up and posted again as I'm very satisfied with what I came up with.

My character is to appear cocky, hence the pose.  Leaning against a large boulder, spear in hand, and a smirk on his face.

At first, the heads on the sticks in the background were to contain more detail, eyes, mouth, etc. but I've opted to go for skulls which I will introduce in the clean version.

This was a great learning experience as it pushed me to draw outside of my comfort level.

Bill

1 comment: