Monday, January 24, 2011

9 - Humanoid Robot


This is more of a concept than anything else.  It actually looks quite cheesy with the text and such.

Metropolis was a movie I saw when I was a kid and it freaked me out.  The female robot in it was both frightening and sexy.  She's really the only part of the movie that I remember.  It could have been a raucous comedy for all I know.

This piece is one of the quicker drawings I've done on this blog.  The proportions are way off and when I get lazy, I tend to draw lines with no rhyme or reason which accounts for all the squiggly 'metallic' effect.  Horrible.

I'd actually like to finesse the concept into a more finished piece but I doubt I will.  It's a lot of work and would take more time than I have these days.  Best to just close your eyes and imagine the dystopia of the not too distant future.  Vive la Revolution!

1 comment: