Monday, January 24, 2011

8 - Frazetta Tribute (cleaned up)


Here's a cleaned up Frazetta tribute.  I tried replacing the tigers in the original pic with my cats but I realized I really can't draw felines.  I'll have to work on that.

Frazetta, like many young nerdlings, was a huge artistic hero of mine when I was younger.  I had a small print of his of a woman riding a lizard but it's long gone.  I couldn't even find it online since the man has done so much work over the years.

I thought this would be a fun piece to do but it ended up being an exercise in frustration.  It's hard to work off of someone so talented.  In the end, I took my original sketch (below) and overlayed it with my own style in the finished piece.  I still haven't looked at the original since last week for fear of seeing all the mistakes I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment